Christmas Day may be done and dusted but that doesn’t mean the fun ends there. The Boxing Day Sales are one of the biggest shopping events of the year with almost every top brand slashing their prices. Sydney is one of the best places to be to enjoy the massive savings that are up for grabs. There’s a wide selection of stores and malls to choose from and this guide will help you find the best Boxing Day sales in Sydney.
RELATED: The Best Boxing Day Sales
Where Can I Shop on Boxing Day in Sydney?
There’s no shortage of retail areas in the city and many of them will be open for the Boxing Day Sales. Please be sure to check the latest store information for opening times before you head out. Here are the best Sydney stores and malls that will be offering amazing Boxing Day deals:
Broadway Shopping Centre
Broadway has 105 stores with everything you need for a day of shopping under one roof. Shops include Coles, Kmart, Aldi, Target, H&M, Pandora, Apple and many more.
Centre hours: 10:00am – 9:00pm
If you’re looking for designer stores, head to Chatswood Chase. This centre is home to stores such as Alannah Hill and Sass & Bide. There are over 200 stores in this mall so you can also find a wide range of fashion, electronics and arts & craft stores to suit all budgets.
Centre hours: 9:30am – 9:00pm although individual shop opening times vary.
Chatswood Westfield is a great option for getting all of your shopping in one place. You will find most major fashion and department stores here. Stores include Cotton On, H&M, Myer, Coles and Target as well as others such as Calvin Klein and Zara.
Centre hours: 9:30am – 9:00pm
Macquarie Centre has over 380 stores to pick from including a large number of popular international brands. Stores include H&M, David Jones, Myer, Sephora, Forever 21 and many more. This is a great centre if you’re looking for variety and lots of choice.
Centre hours: 9:30am – 9:00pm
Supa Centa Moore Park
Supa Centre offers lots of stores including JB Hi-Fi, The Good Guys, King Furniture, Bing Lee, Nick Scali, Fantastic Furniture, Barbecues Galore and more.
Centre hours: 9am-9pm
You’ll be able to find a range of shops and malls open in this area. Big names such as Tommy Hilfiger, Myer, David Jones, Cotton On, Zara and JB Hi-Fi often have Boxing Day discounts.
You can also head to:
- Pitt Street Mall. This is one of the most popular precincts in Sydney and offers almost everything. This mall has a number of different shops including Zimmermann, Ralph Lauren, Sephora, Sheike, Topshop and H&M.
- The Strand Arcade. This centre branches off from Pitt Street Mall and offers high-end retailers including Dion Lee, Manning Cartell, Strandbags and more.
- Queen Victoria Building. This is a beautiful building that is home to a range of affordable and high end brands including Cue, Lush, Lorna Jane, Topshop and Victoria’s Secret.
Trading hours: 9:00am – 8:00pm
Westfield Bondi is an ideal place to go if you want to find some new clothes and accessories during the Boxing Day sales. There’s a great mix of brands suitable for all budgets including Chanel, Topshop, H&M, David Jones, Xara, Dior and JB Hi Fi.
Trading hours: 9:00am – 9:00pm
Other Westfield Stores
In addition to Westfield Bondi you will also find Westfield stores in Miranda, Parramatta and Warringah Mall. These are huge shopping centres that have a wide range of stores including fashion, home and tech, food and sports. Westfield is the place to go if you want to find a range of boxing day bargains in one place.
Trading hours: 9:30am – 9:00pm
RELATED: Best Christmas Gifts
Where to Find:
The sales in Myer are never disappointing, this department store is a great place to go during the Christmas period. They usually offer an amazing sale on Boxing Day and sometimes even have special deals for the first people at the store during these sales. In Sydney, the Myer sale can be found online or in Westfield CBD as well as the Macquarie Centre.
The Good Guys
If you are on the lookout for discounted electrical and home appliances, check out The Good Guys. They offer exclusive deals on Boxing Day (and often throughout the week around Christmas). You can catch the sale online or in-store at the Supa Centa.
Another popular store that offers a great sale after Christmas Day is David Jones. The sale normally extends until the end of December and even into January. They have great savings available on fragrance and beauty sets as well as clothing and fashion. You can find the sale online or in-store at Sydney CBD, Westfield Bondi or the Macquarie Centre.
Where are the best Boxing Day sales?
Finding the best boxing day sales in Australia really depends on what kind of products you are looking for. You’ll be able to find amazing discounts and some of the best deals of the year in most of the retail areas throughout the city as well as online.
Last year saw big discounts from The Good Guys, David Jones, JB Hi-Fi, Myer, IKEA, Catch, Cotton On, The Iconic and loads more.
RELATED: Boxing Day Sales Melbourne
Boxing Day Sale Tips
Boxing Day is one of the biggest shopping days of the year. This post-Christmas extravaganza is not to be missed. Use these tips to find the best deals.
- Check out your favourite store’s website. Go online and find out if your favourite brands are participating in the boxing day sale. This will not only let you know if they have a sale but also what discounts they are offering. This allows you to plan your day ahead of time so you can go straight to the brands you love.
- What’s on sale? The sale is often only applied to selected items. Some shops use this as a way to get rid of old stock while others are offering genuinely great deals. Look for which selected items are included in the sale and compare your options across stores before you pay. Try to choose high-quality products that you love rather than getting caught up in the amount you could save.
- Research top brands before you go. Either shop online and take advantage of the boxing day sale from the comfort of your own home or research the products you want online first. Shopping online is a great way to enjoy the sale without the stress and crowds, many stores offer free shipping too. If you still plan to head out, go online to quickly compare prices. Many discounts are the same both online and in-store.
- Use public transport – Sydney has metro services, train services, bus travel and a light rail. These can help you get around the city without sitting in traffic, worrying about finding parking and paying parking fees.
- Start early – find out when the sale starts. If you are going to shop online, the sale with usually start at midnight but some even start on Christmas Day. If you are heading out to the stores, find out the opening time and try to get there early. Many of the best deals will go quickly and remember that in-store the stock will be limited.
- Know which stores you want to go to – if you have a few particular stores that you love to shop in try to choose a mall that has all your favourite items in one place. Make a list of the stores you want to visit and the items you want to buy to help you make the most of the sales. Head straight for what you want otherwise you might miss out on a product or deal.
- Set a budget – the sale can quickly convince you that you need a lot more new stuff than you really do. Before you go overboard and max out your credit card, set a budget for the day. Sometimes items on sale cannot be returned or refunded so think carefully before you make the purchase.
- Check out the online sales – you can access loads of great sales from your home. The Iconic, The Good Guys and Myer sales are just a few of the many discounts you can enjoy without even leaving the house.
Sydney Boxing Day Sales FAQs
If you’ve finished your Boxing Day shopping why not check out the iconic Sydney to Hobard Yacht Race, take a harbour cruise, visit some of the museums and art galleries or simply walk around the city. There are loads of fun things to do and Boxing Day is on a Saturday this year so why not make the most of the entire weekend.
Yes, Boxing Day is one of the few days in the year Mecca offers discounts. This is every beauty lovers go-to store and the Boxing Day sales offer the perfect opportunity to stock up on your favourite products. You can find Mecca at Westfield Sydney CBD.